Mother’s Day is coming and I wanted to make something fun for Mr. MikaLane’s mom, whom I just adore. She is the coolest of ladies (IT guru! tennis champ! total cutie!) and a real Francophile so I thought French-themed stationery would be just the thing for her. And since I love glitter I though it would make the prettiest set of notecards.
- blank stationery (I love kraft paper; found this on eBay)
- some cool stamps (I used French-y ones but anything will look great)
- glue pad (looks like an ink pad but it’s a glue-filled sponge)
- glitter for sprinkling onto the glue
- paper plates or something to catch the extra glitter
- pretty ribbon to tie it all together
No big surprise, I found most of my supplies at Michael’s. The glitter, which comes in amazing colors, is part of the Martha Stewart crafting collection. She also has her own glue pads but I got something that had a larger pad area since some of my stamps, like the Eiffel Tower, were fairly large.
- press your stamp into the glue pad
- press the stamp firmly onto the paper
- sprinkle glitter over the glue and watch the design appear
- let dry for a couple hours
- pour extra glitter back into containers for next time
- tie with a pretty ribbon and enjoy!
I want to add that even after tapping off the excess there might still be a bit of loose glitter on the stationery. I put my card sets in plastic bags I found at ULINE packaging supplies. They come in tons of different sizes and protect the cards nicely.